What are the benefits of seeing orthodontist Anchorage?
Orthodontics offers numerous benefits. Here are some benefits it can give you:
- A better smile
- A good teeth alignment even as you get older
- For better teeth functioning
- Boosts confidence
- More ease in teeth cleaning
- Optimizes other forms of dental treatment
- Guides teeth to more appropriate positions
- Healthier oral cavity
- Decreases the chances of teeth protrusion and other conditions
What are some signs indicating that seeing Anchorage orthodontist is needed?
- Overlapped teeth
- Excessive protrusion of teeth
- Central area of upper and lower teeth are misaligned
- Difficulty in chewing foods
- Difficulty in speaking
- Almost every lower tooth is covered by upper teeth when biting
- Upper teeth is positioned behind the lower teeth during a bite
- Excessive wearing of teeth
- Shifting of lower jaws to the opposite side during a bite
- Spaces between the teeth
When is the right time to see Dentist Orthodontist?
Seeing an orthodontist should not occur when dental treatment is already needed. It’s best to see one even though no abnormalities in the oral cavity have been detected to prevent future diseases from taking place especially those which can be life-threatening. A child should start seeing one at an age of seven.
What is the process of an orthodontic treatment in Anchorage?
The main tools in performing the orthodontic dental treatment are the brackets and the archwire. When installed, the brackets provide gentle pressure as the teeth are slowly moved to their appropriate positions. Once the archwire is on the brackets, it attempts to go back to its original shape. While doing so, pressure is applied to the teeth, hence, the teeth is moved to a better position.
How long will an orthodontic treatment last?
This varies on a case to case basis. Typically, it will be worn for a maximum of two years. But there are certain factors which can lengthen the dental treatment. For example, if the patient fails to observe good oral hygiene or if he fails to visit orthodontist Anchorage for check up, there’s a high chance that treatment will last for two years.
Is it important to continue seeing a family dentist while wearing braces?
Aside from regularly seeing your orthodontist Anchorage, it is still important to continue regular consultations with your family dentist every six months. Your family dentist’s role is to regularly clean your teeth and to assess the general condition of your oral cavity.